• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Video Content Creation - Niche

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

Anyone have an idea if most of the web is still behind when it comes to online video? Ive been thinknig that e-learning will be an extremely interesting field to watch out for....but just noticed that I completely forgot about online video (creation/editing/etc.).

Id love to work on a sports website, editing/creating video content for the site! ;-)

Are jobs like that out there, that someone as curious as me might have a good chance breaking into? Or is (or too much skills to be learned to simply "break into" it) this something most people only do on the side (the video creation part).

PS: Im really asking more out of curiosity and long-term options....as I still have my mind set on SEO/IM in general! ...just so yall dont think Im crazy

#2 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

Are jobs like that out there, that someone as curious as me might have a good chance breaking into? Or is (or too much skills to be learned to simply "break into" it) this something most people only do on the side (the video creation part).

Video creation, editing and production has long been a full-time occupation, online and off. There are numerous courses available on how to become a professional videographer, but I doubt the market is flooded. I'm sure there's room for more smile.gif

#3 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(copywriter @ Apr 22 2011, 02:36 PM) View Post
Video creation, editing and production has long been a full-time occupation, online and off. There are numerous courses available on how to become a professional videographer, but I doubt the market is flooded. I'm sure there's room for more smile.gif

thanks for the reply!

briefly after making this post i did read videographers complaining about how this was a great career 20 years ago (jokingly). they also complained about needing to be an expert at SEO, having a degree in computer science,etc. to get a job (perhaps a bit overdone what that one person posted).

the other day I was trying to create a video as a link bait piece (basically I was trying to scan tutorial articles where text didnt really do a great job of explaining the "how to" part...and no video existed, yet). However, I had to realize that neither myself (or a friend who has way more experience than myself in SEO) had the skills to create video content. I wouldnt be surprised if most web marketers are behind on that.

Maybe video-SEO or something like that could be an easy niche to break into?

I assume normally internet marketers and SEOs would simply ask a generic videographer, right?

#4 Jesper B.

Jesper B.

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

Maybe video-SEO or something like that could be an easy niche to break into?

Not sure what video-SEO means, but conversion rates can improve if you use videos to display certain products or services. Creating such videos Im pretty sure there is a market for. If it does anything good for your rankings in SEs I dont know, but it does not really matter if the first part is true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!