• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Redesign - Content Changes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EricCantona

EricCantona

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

Hi Folks,

First off, thank you very much for your informative replies to my previous posts.

Our redesigned site is going to go live in about two weeks.

The site structure is the same. I have ensured that URLs have not changed, that the majority of content has been transfered over (already optimised content titles headers etc), and that the pages are as light as possible.

While I have kept as many things similar as possible, one of the benefits of redesigning the site has been to tidy it up slightly, clean up clutter, and make the site more user friendly.

I am tempted to take this clean up (for lack of a better phrase) a step further and update six of our medium trafficked content pages (content is dated), which would mean changing body text.

Should I:

(1) let the redesigned go live with most of the same content as the current site, and make the changes gradually?

Or

(2) change these content pages now because the site has already changed, and would give search engines a chance to take it all in at once.

The urls, titletags, headers, meta descriptions on these pages will remain the same

Thanks in advance.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,573 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

If you feel that the new content is a genuine improvement over the old, go ahead and make the changes. Don't worry that you're going to freak out the search engines with too much change. Of course, if those changes make your pages less algorithmically relevant to your keywords than the old ones were, you could see some drops in rankings, but that's a separate issue, and it's not something that will give you different results if you feed the new content to the engines slowly.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,862 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

Ditto what qwerty said. Why would you not want your new content immediately presented to people? It's not a search engine issue nor should it be a concern.

#4 EricCantona

EricCantona

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

Thanks Qwerty / Jill

I was just being cautious,

Kind Regards

EC

0 user(s) are reading this topic