• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Traffic Boost After Site Update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kundi

kundi

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

Hello,

I have recently updated my site with new content (store). The site got a few thousand subpages and started getting quite a lot of long-tail traffic after the update - when google indexed subpages.

The traffic boost was approx 10 times (from 30 visits per day to 300-350) but now 1,5 week after the update the site remains getting same amount of traffic as in the beginning.

I know about google behavior called google dance, which occures when site updates, but I'm not sure if thats it and why / how is that happening?

Do the new subpages have higher rank after they're created // indexed by first time?

How can I maintain the same amount of traffic beside link building (for all keywords - especially long-tail)?

Why // how is that happening?

Thanks a lot for help

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,987 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

The traffic boost was approx 10 times (from 30 visits per day to 300-350) but now 1,5 week after the update the site remains getting same amount of traffic as in the beginning.

It is normal. It's google checking out your site to see how the people clicking to it like it. When there's new stuff like that, they will often give it a chance at the beginning.

Your site may or may not get back to that level, however.

You'll want to be sure to get other people who like the new content to start linking to it, and start mentioning it in various social media networks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!