• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Adding A Facebook "like" Button To Website

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shakin318

shakin318

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

Do the links generated by facebook Like buttons add any link juice at all? It's my understanding that FB keeps a very proprietary hold over those links/info...and that they don't necessarily play nice with google.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,959 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

No, the facebook like button doesn't generate links.

That said, the more likes you have may be taken as a signal by search engines that something is popular.

#3 shakin318

shakin318

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

Turns out Facebook's like button has a real problem integrating with Firefox. In many cases if a visitor using firefox clicks a Like button on your site, a dialogue window will repeately open and close in front of your browser window, and there's not much you can do to navigate away from it or make it go away -- short of closing out of firefox.

I thought perhaps it was an issue with the way I added the code, or perhaps that my version of firefox had been corrupted, but a quick google search revealed that it is a widespread problem that has been going on for over a year. Why in the world Facebook has done nothing to address it is beyond me -- my analytics show that roughly 40 percent of my visitors are using firefox.

A quick foray over to big name players confirmed that there are some pretty major sites out there for which this is a problem...I wonder if they're even aware of it.

Just a head's up...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!