• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Business Development As An Seo Consultant

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

if you want to be an SEO consultant... is the biz dev/sales part just as important as the "how good of an SEO you are"-part?

I always hear that if you have a brand/are a very good SEO consultant, you're more likely to be turning down work rather than chasing it (once you're established I assume).

However....do some established SEOs still maximize their income by working the biz. dev/sales route just as hard in order to be able to pick the highest-paying clients..and thus maximize their income?

Edited by PatrickGer, 11 March 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(PatrickGer @ Mar 11 2011, 11:50 AM) View Post
if you want to be an SEO consultant... is the biz dev/sales part just as important as the "how good of an SEO you are"-part?

I always hear that if you have a brand/are a very good SEO consultant, you're more likely to be turning down work rather than chasing it (once you're established I assume).

However....do some established SEOs still maximize their income by working the biz. dev/sales route just as hard in order to be able to pick the highest-paying clients..and thus maximize their income?

It's always good business practice to cultivate relationships with the type of customers you want. The people who seek you out may not be the best match for your skills financial targets.

Just as consumers of services want to shop for bargains, providers of services want to market to lucrative opportunities.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:16 AM

Having a good reputation and a "brand" in SEO can get you the leads, but you still have to sell to a certain extent to land the good clients. So yes, it's an important role for any consultant.

#4 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

thanks for the replies (once again)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,