SEO Class in Chicago, IL
Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?
More SEO Content
Best Way To Add Navigation Bar To All Pages?
Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:49 PM
How do people put their navigation bar on their pages, so it's one file?
Are they using PHP and just renaming the files to .html? Because you don't see a lot of php files on sites, or in rankings, always seems to be html.
Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:55 PM
- Using a CMS that dynamically encodes the menu for you (Wordpress, for example)
- Placing the code in some other widget and linking to that from every page
- Placing the code on an iframed page and embedding that on every page
- Placing the code in a Perl or PHP include script
- Coding the menu by hand into every page
Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:10 PM
Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:48 PM
Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:18 PM
Sort of. An html page that utilizes SSI is actually a .shtml page. You can call your files page.shtml, or if you prefer another file type, you need to add a few lines to your .htaccess file (you actually need to add most of this even if you don't want the server to allow you to use a file type other than .shtml):
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml .html .htm
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users