• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Seasonal Changes/trends Of Kw Search Volume...?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

Hey...I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent keyword tool (or more than one), which would allow me to track the search volume(s) for different keyword phrases......and how they change during the year?

I'd love to figure out if certain search phrases are much more frequently searched during winter than during summer, for example

I tried google trends, but have no idea about its accuracy. Is it any accurate (at least the trends - e.g. comparison between one month and another month) or is it a useless as the green bar and search volume data google has been offering us...?

Any better tools/methods?

PS: Actually, this has nothing to do with SEO! ;-)

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(PatrickGer @ Feb 28 2011, 11:59 AM) View Post
Hey...I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent keyword tool (or more than one), which would allow me to track the search volume(s) for different keyword phrases......and how they change during the year?

Some of the subscription tools probably do this. Otherwise, you have to spreadsheet it for yourself.

I tried google trends, but have no idea about its accuracy. Is it any accurate (at least the trends - e.g. comparison between one month and another month) or is it a useless as the green bar and search volume data google has been offering us...?

Google Trends is accurate to show you trends. smile.gif

PS: Actually, this has nothing to do with SEO! ;-)

Keyword research (and trends analysis) IS a part of SEO.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

Isn't that what the "local search volume" tells you within Google's main KWR tool?

#4 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

Ill try to get back to this later (in a rush+at the library, right now)...hopefully Ill remember.

@Michael: what I meant is that Im trying to use that data to figure out something completely unrelated to SEO and/or Internet marketing. other than that, I agree that keyword research is part of SEO, of course.

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

Actually, I think Jill is right. I believe when you download the search data from the Adwords Keyword tool you get numerical representations for the bar chart entries so you at least have some relative numbers to work with (think of them as very broad averages or proxies).

#6 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(Michael Martinez @ Mar 4 2011, 02:45 AM) View Post
Actually, I think Jill is right. I believe when you download the search data from the Adwords Keyword tool you get numerical representations for the bar chart entries so you at least have some relative numbers to work with (think of them as very broad averages or proxies).

I must look into this again (didnt even think of downloading it - have always just looked at them).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!