• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Why Pay For Adwords When I Can Buy Coupons At 10% Of The Price?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arye

Arye

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Hi everyone on the High Ranking Forum!

I have noticed that I can easily buy Google Adwords coupons via eBay for less than 10% of their value. E.g. I can buy a $100 voucher for $7.

Are there any catches to running my Adwords account like this? I know I have to start a new Google account for each new voucher I purchase but this is a small price to pay compared to buying Adwords credit at its normal value. Why doesn't everyone do this? Is it legal? I know my girlfriend tried to sell a return British train ticket on eBay and eBay told her off and removed her auction as it's illegal to sell British rail tickets, but there are 100s of people selling Adwords coupons on eBay every day.

I tried to search Google for answers but all the results I got were more and more people trying to sell their Google Adwords coupons. I even found people selling software to find free Adwords coupon codes on the net. Does anyone have any experience using this software? If I bought it I wouldn't even have to pay a penny for credit.

Hoping this all isn't too good to be true.

Arye

#2 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:45 AM

Well you know the saying 'If it sounds too good to be true!'

I got some coupons once when I attended a Google university seminar. We signed up for adwords validated the account with our company credit card, added the 50.00 coupon.

within 3 days our credit card company had stopped 5,000.00 of illegal transactions, our Google adwords account got hijacked, Google refused to communicate with us and I never saw a single click for that voucher money!, they still owe us 50.00

Luckily the credit card provider was on the ball and we didn't loose any money, but from thinking I was going to get 50.00 of G! vouchers to nearly loosing 5,000.00

It was certainly too good to be true!

#3 Arye

Arye

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(1dmf @ Feb 22 2011, 07:45 PM) View Post
I got some coupons once when I attended a Google university seminar. We signed up for adwords validated the account with our company credit card, added the 50.00 coupon.

within 3 days our credit card company had stopped 5,000.00 of illegal transactions, our Google adwords account got hijacked, Google refused to communicate with us and I never saw a single click for that voucher money!, they still owe us 50.00

When you sign up to Adwords with a coupon, remember to select manual payments rather than automatic payments as your payment method when setting up your Adwords account.

If you choose automatic payments, Google will start charging you real money for your ads once your coupon credit has ran out (unless you have already deleted or paused all your ads).

If you choose manual payments however Google will automatically stop showing your ads once your coupon credit has ran out.

You can't change your payment method after your Adwords account has been set-up unfortunately.

Hope that helps,

Arye

#4 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:23 AM

But these were fraudulent adverts, basically there are dodgy employees in the googleplex, who hijack peoples accounts.

They tried to claim it was a virus, but our anti-virus veder spent 3 days with me scanning the entire system to prove Google wrong!

But hey, my one bad experience should put everyone else of giving it a go!

Just be careful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!