• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Using A Subdirectory To Hide Another Site

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SamRan

SamRan

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

I am an advertiser researching a community directory site to see if their traffic is what they say it is, and to figure out why they rank so high in google. I noticed that have another unrelated site redirecting to a subdirectory, and that site seems to get lots of traffic (checked on google ad planner). That site also looks to be one of those places you can go to buy an anchor link. There are also several URLs involved. My question is, is it deceptive to have that 2nd site hidden the main site, and are those traffic numbers counting towards the traffic this site is claiming they get? Also, if you have several urls connected, each possibly having these unrelated subdirectory sites within, is it the combined traffic that this directory site is telling me they get?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,833 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:40 AM

is it the combined traffic that this directory site is telling me they get
Who knows? You will have to ask them what the traffic stats are and what the breakdown is.

What you should be looking at is whether the visitors to the directory are likely to be interested in your pages, because it doesn't really matter how much traffic it gets or where it "ranks" because none of the traffic will come your way if your page/site is not what they are after.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!