• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Can Rss Help My Pr (page Rank)?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 epsell

epsell

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:38 AM

I was wondering if I provided the RSS feature in my page its page rank would go higher?
can any one help me?
Thanks beforehand

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,621 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:40 AM

An RSS feed will provide people and search engines with another avenue by which they can discover and access your content. It has nothing to do with rankings or with PageRank -- I'm not sure which of the two you were asking about, but the answer is the same for both.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

I was wondering if I provided the RSS feature in my page its page rank would go higher?

No.

#4 insidethelab

insidethelab

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:20 AM

I dunno a flat out "No" just seems a little harsh...but then again maybe I don't understand what you're trying to ask.

If you're talking about increasing the page rank of your page for the organic listings or your pages link popularity then, no I don't think it will help at all, but if you syndicated the rss feeds on a few other places (i.e. Squidoo lenses that already have rankings, relevant rss aggregation services liked blogged, mefeedia, your twitter account, your fanpage and the likes.) then you could lure in spiders to index other content - and you could definitely bring in a few eyeballs from the exposure on those high trafficked sites.

If I'm completely off base, please correct me.

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(insidethelab @ Feb 7 2011, 11:20 PM) View Post
I dunno a flat out "No" just seems a little harsh...but then again maybe I don't understand what you're trying to ask.

If you're talking about increasing the page rank of your page for the organic listings or your pages link popularity then, no I don't think it will help at all, but if you syndicated the rss feeds on a few other places (i.e. Squidoo lenses that already have rankings, relevant rss aggregation services liked blogged, mefeedia, your twitter account, your fanpage and the likes.) then you could lure in spiders to index other content - and you could definitely bring in a few eyeballs from the exposure on those high trafficked sites.

If I'm completely off base, please correct me.

Hypothetical or speculative scenarios don't really answer the question, although they may help people who are curious about the process set up some tests.

RSS feeds, being part of the whole Web system, can and do in some vaguely defined way contribute to *some* people's PageRank by attracting interested readers who ultimately create links to Websites, and so forth. That's rather abstract.

I think "no" applies well enough given how the question was stated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!