• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

General (yet Specific) Questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PJS

PJS

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:28 PM

I am creating a number of sites using aged domains (so they have existing PR and backlinks) and have a few questions for anyone who has experience with this method of link building:

1. How much does Google recognize and penalize?
More specifically, will my sites be penalized for...
...having the same whois information?
...being registered under the same domain registrar?
...being hosted under the same web host? Therefore, sharing the same IP?
OR...is it just overall best for SEO to make all these as different as possible?

2. Because I'm buying old domains, sometimes I have found that the existing backlinks are adult-related links which I would prefer not to have. Is there a way to remove or block these inlinks? I assume having adult-related backlinks is not good for promoting a non-adult related website. Can anyone confirm this? Or is a lot of backlinks a lot of backlinks?

3. When linking to my client's sites, does anyone have any information on the breakdown of link power (right term?) between contextual, sidebar, navigation, footer, header, etc.? I understand that contextual links are most powerful, but by how much? Can anyone give me a percentage?

That is all for now. I hope there are some good, experienced fellow web marketers out there that can help me! (and hopefully other people looking for the same answers can find them here!)

Thanks in advance.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:44 PM

Sorry but you should try another forum if you want to learn how to spam the search engines.

#3 PJS

PJS

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Feb 4 2011, 12:44 PM) View Post
Sorry but you should try another forum if you want to learn how to spam the search engines.

So you're saying that this is not the best strategy and it could cause some problems for my clients?

It seems to me that a lot of SEO tactics are considered spammy. My thought was that if I had informative, relavent sites linking to other related sites then there would be no problems.

Am I totally off base?

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:38 PM

I think your questions imply that you're going to attempt to probe the algorithm to see what you can get away with. Jill encourages people to work within the guidelines rather than look for weaknesses in them.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

It seems to me that a lot of SEO tactics are considered spammy.

Then they're not SEO, they're search engine spam, or web spam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!