• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Recos On Testing Apps [a/b Multivariate]

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:50 AM

Hi,

I am looking for some web site testing options (a/b; multivariate; apps, saas) other than GWO. Thanks in advance. DJKay...

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,661 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

Elaborate on "options"

Are looking for code to do the redirection or ...?

#3 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

Here are the issues. The sites are built an older, antiquated version of cold fusion. Its a subscription business model. They also built a home grown, secure site which manages all the transactions [financial] for all their businesses. Since I started there, I have been working with the IT department to implement GA cross domain tracking, ecommerce, event tracking, etc. Its taken a bit and its certainly not with out its glitches, but they were able to set up goal funnels but are forced to do reg-ex inorder to accomplish it.

We finally got some data from our goal funnels set up on the subscription process and we need to start doing testing to reduce drop off at the various parts of the funnel. The problem is that the way GWO works, there is a point in the url string where they do not pick up the dynamic parameters after the main portion of the url [utma, utmv and other parameters]. The head of development I have been working with has basically told me its not going to work and that we are going to break all the goal funnels we already have in GA.

So, I thought that maybe we could get a 3rd party testing suite where all we have to do is paste on code on the site...then we would not have to worry or deal with breaking/being set back on all the work we have done. The problem has been that because these are 'homegrown' kind of sites, they were never built with the forethought or planning to use tools such as GA or GWO. Its a privately owned company..they don't like to spend money. They are beginning an needs analysis and will buy a new content management system this year (so they say) but its not going to help with the immediate problem and I need to get this subscription testing plan rolled out ASAP.

So that is the back story. We are going to try to make it work with GWO..but I thought if there was something out there that was relatively inexpensive that fit the bill....why not try it...

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,579 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

Have you taken a look at this resource? Might be helpful in identifying and evaluating alternatives... thumbup1.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#5 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Thanks. DJKay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!