• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Incorrectly Marketed As Malware In Bing/yahoo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MCIMaui

MCIMaui

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

Hello All -

I'm in search of some insight. I recently discovered that links to one of our websites have been disabled and labeled with a Malware warning for several search results on Bing/Yahoo. After the initial discovery and panic, my exploration for answers has been a little on the bizarre side.

First some questions and then I'll give some examples...

Why would the very same page/file that was supposedly infected with malware appear with a warning and disabled link for one search phrase, and then appear just fine for a different search phrase?

What am I missing? Bing sees something that I sure don't.

Is there anyone else that is or has experienced this? We can't be the only site with this very odd anomaly, can we?

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Bing Support or know how long it will take till we can get someone to help us? I must say I am currently far from impressed.

Side Note: If you have your site set up in Bing Webmaster Tools, I highly recommend checking your crawl details for malware. I've been seeing some other sites listing malware, but not being effected in Bing or Yahoo's search results with warning.

Things we have already done:

- Using Bing Webmaster Tools we were able to determine which pages they feel have malware (145 Malware infected pages with http code 200) and have looked at them very closely to no avail.
- Sent and email to Bing Support directly.
- Checked the pages with other malware checks including Google Webmaster Tools: Google has not detected any malware on this site.
- Checked the pages manually to confirm there is not malware.
- Had our security guys check the pages, the site, and the entire server for malware.
- McAfee site advisor found nothing

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,840 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

You may have been subject to this

http://webmaster-tal...acking-exploit/

Edited by chrishirst, 29 January 2011 - 08:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!