• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Ppc Or Seo Today?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 idrive

idrive

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

This conversation is likely limited to practitioners of both SEO and PPC. I would be curious to know which one you prefer today and why.

I feel more strongly that I want to offer PPC services today as it feels easier to achieve a return in a shorter period of time - either that or I feel more in control of the outcome with PPC. To me, the steps of PPC are clear in terms of how to start up; I report weekly and tweak based on reports.

SEO... it is more challenging for me as I don't know where to begin at link building - or feel bad for the customer paying $XXXX per day while I seek out links which may or may not pan out (don't give me the BS that build good content and the links will come - I have proof otherwise LOL). Also, organic traffic is influenced by so many variables - press releases, social media, brand awareness.
I am extremely comfortable taking a website that either has very little organic traffic or only brand based organic traffic and increasing their organic traffic; it is the mature websites that have worked with various SEO's (inhouse or externally) where I am a bit lost and fear the client will not get an ROI on the cost of hiring me.

On page SEO just isn't enough today and I often don't know up front what I will need to do to increase non brand related organic traffic. I offer audit's (for a price) so that I don't spend too much time on a personalized proposal which they can then take to my (less expensive) competitor. An audit will tell me if we need to put in place a social media strategy, gain links, add more content, do on page optimization, etc.

What about the rest of you that do both?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!