• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Traffic Provided By Google Does Not Match The Results

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mundano

mundano

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

Hi,

After some initial research, I came out with some interesting keywords to position a domain. For certain keyword combination the tool that google provides to estimate traffic gives some 12000 searches globally and around 6600 locally. So after struggling to position a domain for this keyword combination I managed to achieve a #2 position for this domain.

To my surprise, I have found out that the domain receives around 4 clicks a day. So my question is, how can this be possible? Is the info provided by google not accurate or is something missing to me?

Thank you very much beforehand.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,987 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

Is the info provided by google

That is correct.

You were also most likely looking at Broad Match numbers not exact, which are much higher.

#3 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,625 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

And keep in mind that even if you're looking at the right numbers, they're all just predicted estimates. Have a look in Webmaster Tools (also not necessarily the gospel truth, or course) and see what it has to say about how many impressions and clickthroughs you're getting for these keywords and what your average ranking is. It's possible you're getting the ranking you thought and the impressions you expected, but you're not getting the clickthroughs. What does your snippet look like when the page comes up in the SERP for this search?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!