• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Quality Links

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SEO FF

SEO FF

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:16 AM

What are you doing these days to build backlinks? I understand that the idea is to build quality content which will hopefully earn you quality links. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that this may be the only true way to earn quality links to your site. What other ways are there? Buying links is an option but Google has been clamping down on paid links. How do you work around it and make it look natural? How do you even negotiate the cost of a link? Have you had any success with reciprocal linking?

How is a regular "Joe" supposed to make it on the net? By regular "Joe" I mean someone who may not have superior SEO knowledge, not a large budget to pay a company or someone to create quality articles for them, etc. What is it that an SEO company can do for you that you cannot do for yourself?

In the past, I've seen sites that do not update their content often and had decent ranking. What is the ticket to successful link building? What other methods work for you?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,669 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

In the past, I've seen sites that do not update their content often and had decent ranking
And is this not a very very large hint that link brgging, "article" writing, blog spamming commenting and other such junk sttributed (incorrectly) as "SEO" is simply a waste of effort??

#3 SilverMaT

SilverMaT

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

any ideas?

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(SilverMaT @ Jan 15 2011, 03:43 AM) View Post
any ideas?

I recently wrote a killer article that earned a few chunk of links and thousands of visitors in the course of three days. The article was Tweeted a great deal.

#5 JPeters

JPeters

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ Dec 20 2010, 07:29 AM) View Post
And is this not a very very large hint that link brgging, "article" writing, blog spamming commenting and other such junk sttributed (incorrectly) as "SEO" is simply a waste of effort??

I think you're really mixing two different issues here. SEOmoz had a nice piece the other day about correlation vs cause/effect of SERPs on older sites.

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(JPeters @ Jan 26 2011, 10:59 AM) View Post
I think you're really mixing two different issues here. SEOmoz had a nice piece the other day about correlation vs cause/effect of SERPs on older sites.

Eh. Take that with a grain of salt.

The proof is in the pudding. Look at all the sites that ARE legitimately drawing new links and traffic: they are publishing content that people want to find and are willing to link to.

The secret is not so much TO publish great content as HOW TO CREATE the great content. That's the missing piece of the puzzle.

Frankly, not everyone is going to create great content. But practice makes perfect. You don't need any SEO studies or theories to master that skill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!