• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

My Keyword Research

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Katja

Katja

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:29 AM

Hi,

It was a long time ago I was here to actually write something (only reading) and to tell the truth I gave up on SEO for a while. I had the site on an running and I got some commissions, probably that's why I didn't care in which position I was for my main keywords and I didn't have time to work that much for a while anyway. But that has all changed and this year was a bad year for me, I paid too much taxes since they calculated that amount based on income from previous years. So now I got a good amount of money back and I have decided to contact some professionals to help me, now when I have the money to do it. I don't care in which positions I am in search engines as long as I get work, but somehow this goes hand in hand. Well, if no one can find me then no one will be able to see my site or commission me. AND if they find me and don't commission me because of the bad copyrwriting on my site, well then it's useless to continue with my website.

Anyway I did a keyword research the way Jill does it and checked Allintitles and so on. I have used pretty much the same keywords for as long as I remember and thought maybe I could find some new good ones with less competition. Well, I found that one keyword I'm using is pretty much useless for my website and found a new one that is better and more suitable for what I'm doing. But otherwise, nothing new! Almost all keywords are highly competitive, the one which is my main keyword phrase with 33200 Allintitles. I had a pretty nice placement for that one, first page but I now dropped to third, at least on the server I can see. I don't know if I was doing this right, Jill keyword research is not included in your SEO website review right?

Anyway, please go and check my profile for the url to my website and let me know which keywords you would use for the service I'm offering. It would be good to send me messages with those smile.gif That would be very helpful for my keyword research because I feel I'm getting almost no where.

Thanks!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:52 AM

If the keywords that are highly relevant to what you offer are also competitive, you still have to try to optimize for them. It just means you're going to have work harder cuz you'll likely need to figure out a way to get people to link to your site.

This might mean creating a blog and posting often about new things going on in your industry, or something else that your target audience would be interested in reading. Sometimes you can give away free stuff or trial stuff to other bloggers who might be willing to mention (and ideally link to) your product/site.

We're not going to do your keyword research for you here.

#3 Katja

Katja

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Dec 11 2010, 05:52 PM) View Post
If the keywords that are highly relevant to what you offer are also competitive, you still have to try to optimize for them. It just means you're going to have work harder cuz you'll likely need to figure out a way to get people to link to your site.

Hi Jill, well that's what I thought... Then I will stick to the keywords I came up with and work with those to improve my rankings.

Thanks for your reply smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!