• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Just Curious How "effective" Seo Has Been For Your Clients

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 speshilk

speshilk

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

I'm jumping back into the business and was very excited to do this because I really do believe that SEO really does help businesses over the long run, if done correctly. At the same time, some stats on a couple sites of mine have made me concerned a bit.

Basically, I noticed on two sites of mine that I'm at the top of kw's that are searched on 60,500 globally monthly (#5) and 6600X's a month globally (#2) and yet, they drive very little revenue - basically what a lot of our clients need to ultimately drive upwards if we're doing them "good" in their business. What are your thoughts?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:36 PM

Sounds like you may need to do a better job of keyword research keeping your target audience in mind. Also, you may be looking at broad match numbers in your keyword research, rather than exact, which will make it seem like you should be receiving a lot more traffic than you actually are.

#3 MaryKrysia

MaryKrysia

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

I have optimized web sites for my small business clients and the results have been really good.

SEO is only one part of creating successful Web sites, though. If you are seeing a lot of traffic but not enough conversions, you might want to look at the marketing optimization of your site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!