• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How Should I Add A "disclaimer" Page?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Webseeker

Webseeker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

I would like to add a disclaimer page that buyers can read prior to placing their order. I use PayPal and have "Buy It Now" links.

What I would like to do is that when people click the "Buy Now" now, they would first go to a page where they can read the disclaimer prior to making their final purchase decision, then they can proceed from there to the checkout page.

I haven't counted prior to coming here, but I must have at least 45 "Buy It Now" links. I'm a junior website designer and can do simple stuff and can even do this, but I'm looking for a better way. As it stands I can only think of setting up 45 DIFFERENT links going to 45 different disclaimer pages, then from there have them proceed to the original checkout page they were headed towards anyway.

Instead of doing this 45 different times, is there a better/faster way to get this accomplished?

Your help would be most appreciated.

Webseeker

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

You can use one script (Perl or PHP) such as "cgi-bin/buyitnow.cgi" to which you pass a parameter such as a product ID. That script then uses the product ID to set a destination for a real Buy It Now button.

#3 Webseeker

Webseeker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(Webseeker)
I'm a junior website designer and can do simple stuff...

You can use one script (Perl or PHP) such as "cgi-bin/buyitnow.cgi" to which you pass a parameter such as a product ID. That script then uses the product ID to set a destination for a real Buy It Now button.

What?

That seems like a simple solution... had I had a clue what you are talking about. LOL! I do not. I would need a decipherer to even remotely understand what you mean when you say that. I appreciate the help, but that leaves me perplexed as to how to even start doing that. I was hoping to do something short, like you've shown, but without a webdesigner's help.

I would almost need a hold-me-by-the-hand step-by-step example of the steps I would need to even do that.

It sure sounds short and something I'm looking for. However, it looks confusing to me!

Webseeker unsure.gif

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(Webseeker @ Nov 29 2010, 05:59 PM) View Post
What?

I would almost need a hold-me-by-the-hand step-by-step example of the steps I would need to even do that.

It sure sounds short and something I'm looking for. However, it looks confusing to me!

Webseeker unsure.gif

Normally I would give a stab at trying to provide more detail but I'm not at liberty to do so in my current circumstances (I'm doing some onsite consulting for a big client). If no one here is able to provide some guidance, you might try looking for someone to do the job for you at eLance or some other contracting site.

#5 Webseeker

Webseeker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

After a bit, I figured I could take that info and find someone who understands, to do it for me. I've done projects with the help of others before, so looks like I'll have to do that again.

Thanks for your help, again, Michael. I appreciate it.

Webseeker

Edited by Webseeker, 01 December 2010 - 04:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!