• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Does Google Have Search Metrics Broken Down By Age Group?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 idealwebguy

idealwebguy

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

There are many ways to measure Google search term popularity, or measure the SEO value of any given search term in Google. However, is there a way to breakdown the popularity of Google search terms by age group or gender? Does Google even keep or have metrics like that available? If not, can someone offer some advice as to go about finding this type of information?

Thanks!

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

I don't know if Google offers information like that, but Yahoo does: http://clues.yahoo.com/

#3 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

And I really have to wonder how any metrics company comes up with such data. Quantcast also breaks down demographics by sex, age group, college education, etc. Yeah, right. Where did they get all that stuff?

These demographics tools are helpful but they are not necessarily accurate.

Keep that in mind. I use demographic tools and data for my research but I take it all with a great grain of salt.

#4 idealwebguy

idealwebguy

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:45 AM

Thanks qwerty I'll check it out. smile.gif

Michael I know what you mean. I don't see how it's possible to gather internet search data that's broken down by age & gender without conducting your own market research or study group. Have you used Quantcast?

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE(idealwebguy @ Nov 30 2010, 05:45 AM) View Post
Thanks qwerty I'll check it out. smile.gif

Michael I know what you mean. I don't see how it's possible to gather internet search data that's broken down by age & gender without conducting your own market research or study group. Have you used Quantcast?

I've read their "About" page. I don't think I've ever met or communicated with anyone at Quantcast. I wouldn't mind being able to pick their brains sometime, though.

#6 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

I know that ComScore's methods are similar to those used by Nielsen for TV ratings: they have a group of volunteers who represent a cross-section of the general public, and they track everything they look at online.

#7 ketchupaholic

ketchupaholic

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE(idealwebguy @ Nov 29 2010, 03:45 PM) View Post
There are many ways to measure Google search term popularity, or measure the SEO value of any given search term in Google. However, is there a way to breakdown the popularity of Google search terms by age group or gender? Does Google even keep or have metrics like that available? If not, can someone offer some advice as to go about finding this type of information?

Thanks!

Google does not offer that now. But if you are looking to target specific age groups, the only true one is Facebook that can target age, gender, location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.