• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Confused Regarding Related Keywords

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hegu

hegu

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

Until couple of months back my site is in search results for my keywords. Recently I posted few posts in my blog related to 'related keywords'. (some posts on my regular keywords too) But recently visitors are coming more with these related kaywods increasing bounce rate.

Remove them from blog? I tried keeping my product links on these pages. But no use.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

What's the problem with people coming to your site from keywords that are related to it?

#3 hegu

hegu

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

The main aim of the web site is selling my products. It is not just content site. Previously visitors used to come into the site thru the product pages and leave from there. After I set up this blog, more and more pages of blog are indexed in the google and increasing the bounce rate.

The aim of the blog (atleast what I thought) is content pulls the visitors and visitors goes to product pages by clickng links in the posts and sidebar. But it is not going that way sad.gif

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

After I set up this blog, more and more pages of blog are indexed in the google and increasing the bounce rate.

That's normal and shouldn't be a problem. You're not paying for the visitors, right?

You may want to read last week's newsletter article:

Just Say NO to SEO Articles!

#5 hegu

hegu

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

Actually Jill, I read this article in your newsletter. But it didn't strike me then.

I went thru it again. Makes sense to me. I will start optimizing present pages and try to put more info about the products. Stop worrying about this blog.

I will update this thread ... may be couple of months?

#6 hegu

hegu

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

Last two months I tried to optimize the product pages. But google bringing me more visitors to blog with untargeted traffic with high bounce rate. After following logs, I can see that these traffic is coming from related keywords and they are ONLY coming for information. Most frustrating is my site is not coming up with any of my previous keywords that used to be. My Google webmaster tools is showing my site ranking good for related keywords sad.gif (previously 4 of my main keywords were listed there)

This is crazy. Sometime I feel like removing these pages. I tried to keep links from these blog posts to product pages. But no clicks at all ...

Any advice?

#7 smc_online

smc_online

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi hegu,

Are your product pages optimized for visibility? It sounds like this may be the where you need to direct your focus (based on your description).

#8 hegu

hegu

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

... visibility?

I did a search on Google for 'search engine visibility'. Came up with sites that said things to improve it. I will go thru them.

Is there any particular aspect I need to take care of?

thanks.

#9 MirandaM

MirandaM

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(hegu @ Jan 9 2012, 04:20 PM) View Post
Last two months I tried to optimize the product pages. But google bringing me more visitors to blog with untargeted traffic with high bounce rate. After following logs, I can see that these traffic is coming from related keywords and they are ONLY coming for information. Most frustrating is my site is not coming up with any of my previous keywords that used to be. My Google webmaster tools is showing my site ranking good for related keywords sad.gif (previously 4 of my main keywords were listed there)

This is crazy. Sometime I feel like removing these pages. I tried to keep links from these blog posts to product pages. But no clicks at all ...

Any advice?

Unless you're in an industry that's dying off, someone else is ranking for those keywords and getting the targeted traffic you used to get. Who is it? What are they doing that you're not? Find out who's ranking where you want to be and be honest with yourself about why your site dropped off and they rose above you. Do they have a better design? Social presence? Easier site to navigate? Higher quality text or images? Or they could be doing something shady you can report to knock them back down a peg. If you used to rank for those keywords and you don't anymore, but you're ranking for other terms, you're just not optimizing as well as the person at the top. You have to stay on top of it... those profits you enjoyed for so long, well, someone else wanted them. Such is life. They worked at getting their rankings up while you were thinking you were pretty comfortable up there. The good news is you can get it back. You just have to figure out how they (however many of "them" there may be) surpassed you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!