• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Dropdown Menu's, Do You Want To Make The Top Level Clickable (and

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ewergreen

Ewergreen

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:33 AM

I'd like to use a horizontal dropdown menu on my site. The question that arose while making this: should I make the top level categories clickable or not, and if so, what to show on that page? I was thinking that it is probably best to make this clickable and have a collection of the most recent articles from the subcategories available on this page. Might also be a good idea to just have links to the subcategories there.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

I would make them clickable. They are the most important top-level category pages of your site.

You would typically put information regarding what that category is all about with links and information to each of the products, services, or sub-categories contained within.

See the main High Rankings menu (not the forum) for what I mean.

#3 Ewergreen

Ewergreen

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. It confirms what I was already thinking. Not entirely sure if I'm going to write a piece of text for every topcategory, I guess that having content from the subcategories on that page would probably already do enough for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!