• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Subdomains To Split Two Very Different Parts, But What To Put On The H

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ewergreen

Ewergreen

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:13 AM

About a year ago I made myself a small personal website. It ran Drupal and was basically a TLD which showed articles about various technical (programming) topics. Ranging from information from SEO and GA to VB.NET, php etc... . I always wanted to incorporate my second passion (mountaineering) in to the website, but never got round to it. Recently I upgraded my hosting account and found out that I can now have subdomains. This got me thinking about redoing the site.

I was now thinking about technicalstuff.mydomain.xx and mountainstuff.mydomain.xx. This leaves me with one problem. What to put on mydomain.xx? The whole reason of not having mountainstuff on the page for the past year was that I thought I'd confuse google with offering two such diverse themes on my site. If I would now put some content about technicalstuff and some about mountainstuff on mydomain.xx, I'd basically be doing the same thing. Just putting up two images, words or a couple of links to my main navigation was another idea, but really does the same thing (two very different types of content).

I'd like to find out what is the best way to go forward. I would really like to have both and preferably on my subdomains because it's cheaper. Also, both are a big part of my life, so having them directly associated with my TLD (which is my name), would be very nice.

Worst case scenario, I'd run the technicalstuff from my mydomain.xx and maybe place a link in the main nav there to mountainstuff.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:24 AM

Please see this thread:
http://www.highranki...showtopic=44784

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,