• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Account Is Suddenly Suspended For Offence Over 2 Years Ago

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohneeMac

JohneeMac

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:04 AM

Hi, been ages since i posted on here, hope you are well.

Once upon time, (over 2 years ago) i bought an ebook, as the silly amongst us sometimes do, and went ahead trying to get affiliate sales through Adwords.

It was for betting site, i made a few sales then the account was suspended due to it being a "get rich quick".

I accepted the policy, apologized and my account was quickly activated again.

Since then i have just ran completely genuine ad campaigns to small business sites.

About 2 and half weeks ago, i set up another campaign, again completely legal and to the book. Strangely my ads weren't showing a few days later so i emailed them and asked what was going on.

The replied saying my account had been suspended due to the previous offending ads.

I quickly explained to them that this was in 2008 and since then i had only ran legitimate campaigns.

They then replied saying, the ads were still in the system and previous campaign is still offending till i change the landing page of that campaign. Off course as its a affiliate site, its not my own site and i have absolutely no way of editing that landing page.

This is absolutely ludicrous that they have suspended my account given the date of the offense.

Any ideas or thoughts other than setting up another adwords account?

Thanks for your time.

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

Well, why are they saying the ads are still in the system? Didn't you delete them?

#3 BackLinkPro

BackLinkPro

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

Seeing this more and more, on other boards there are reports of people being banned for ad's they ran 2-5 years ago. Google is going a bit insane with the ban hammer lately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!