• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Google Product Data Feed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

I just set up my first product data feed for a client who's running regular PPC ads for his products.

I chose one product group to test on - as an example: french ornate picture frames.

His Adwords ad group has about 20 related keywords.

In his merchant center it says that my data quality is 'good', my 10 products all have check marks next to them, and I 'activated' them, though they seem to be activated by default.

I uploaded them about 18 hours ago and they achieved this status a few hours later.

My Adwords account and Merchant Center are linkedto one another from both places. I have selected 'product extensions' in my Adwords account.

Yet all that shows up for that keyword is my regular Adwords ad!

Have I just not waited long enough...or is there some important step I've left out?

#2 scouseflip

scouseflip

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

I have also just had my feed accepted and our online agency have linked it to our Adwords campaign (last Friday) and also not seeing anything happen, but any possible delay factor aside I understand that there are no guaretee's on it anyway.

I was warned up front that like the site extensions, Google ultimately decides whether to show them or not and are not exactly forthcoming in explaining how they come to that decision. Apparently factors such as quality score and you click bid as well as position in the sponsored listing all play a part, so for instance you need to have your ad in the No. 1 spot for example, for the product extensions to show.

Quick disclaimer: this was info given to me by our agency and I have not looked for (and so have obviously not found) anything elsewhere to back it up

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,191 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

I was warned up front that like the site extensions, Google ultimately decides whether to show them or not and are not exactly forthcoming in explaining how they come to that decision. Apparently factors such as quality score and you click bid as well as position in the sponsored listing all play a part, so for instance you need to have your ad in the No. 1 spot for example, for the product extensions to show.

I've heard that as well.

#4 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

Thanks guys....at least that give me a good idea of where to start experimenting. :-)

I was testing on a product that is not very frequently searched and in Adwords position 4 or 5.

I'll try on a more popular product with a top position and see what happens.

#5 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

Bah! Not having any success with this yet. I've uploaded some well-searched products that have high quality ads and high bids...still nothing yet. Merchant center still says my data is good.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,191 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Have you tried emailing Adwords help? They've been responsive to us in the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!