• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Upgrade Complete!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#31 robwatts

robwatts

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:39 PM

Thanks Jill, I recall it being there prior to the changes, but it doesnt appear to be there now.

No big deal, I'll have to just take a little more care over what I tpye :aloha:

#32 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:44 PM

I'll check the timing- I'm pretty sure that can be adjusted.

#33 Matt B

Matt B

The modem is the message.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:55 PM

That would be a blessed repreive, as I, like Rob, edit profusely after my original post. :rolleyes:

#34 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 01:04 PM

LOL- for all you who don't like the "Preview" option, I have given you 5 minutes to edit to your heart's content before you get the dreaded "Edited by" line... :rolleyes:

#35 HorseCove

HorseCove

Horses are good for the soul.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 01:17 PM

A round of applause for Jill and Scottie. Great job setting the forum up. This is a slick site!

Any chance we can get a spell checker for our posts. I'm the world's worst. Can't type or spell (or chew bubble gum for that matter.)

#36 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,007 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 01:23 PM

Hmm...hadn't thought about a spell checker. Will see if that's some kind of add on module and let you know.

J

#37 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 01:28 PM

LOL- I've been working on that.

Matt's got a neat thing you can add to your browser to do spell check- maybe he would post it here for us?

I'm looking for something to integrate in the meantime...

#38 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,007 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 01:35 PM

I saw at the IBP forum that there is a module for spellcheck, but the user has to first download IEspell from IEspell.com. Then we can enable a spellcheck button on the forum that calls the IEspell window. It won't work unless the user has IEspell installed, however, so it might be more confusing to people than helpful.

They were thinking of working on a module that worked with Word's dictionary, which would be great because most everyone has that. But unfortunately, they don't see to have that one completed at this time.

You might try IEspell.com anyway if you're using IE. I think it allows you to spell check anything in your browser. I haven't looked at it, however.

Jill

#39 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 01:44 PM

Matt's solution works with Word.

I grabbed it and am posting here:

If you are like me, you go back and edit your posts constantly to fix spelling, grammatical errors, etc.

One of my programmers gave me a script today that will automatically spell check text that you have written in a text box on a form.

Take the following code:

oShell= new
ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
oShell.SendKeys( "^c" ); // copy
oWord= new ActiveXObject("Word.Application");
oWord.Visible= true;
oWord.Documents.Add();
oWord.Selection.Paste();
oWord.ActiveDocument.CheckSpelling();
oWord.Selection.WholeStory();
oWord.Selection.Copy();
oWord.ActiveDocument.Close(0);
oWord.Quit();
var nRet= oShell.Popup(
"Apply changes?\nClick OK to replace all selected text.",
"Spell Check Complete",
33 );
if ( nRet == 1 ) {
oShell.SendKeys( "^v" ); // paste
}

1. copy to notepad
2. save as spellcheck.js in the c:temp directory
3. open IE
4. open windows explorer, browse to the c:temp directory
5. click and drag the spellcheck.js file into your links on the IE browser.

The next time you are composing a message select all of the mesage in the text box, then copy.
Click the spellcheck link on your browser.
Word will automatically open, spellcheck, select replace text, and the text you have written will automatically change and word will close.

very cool.

The Karcher Group - Web Design & Internet Marketing
think - web - marketing

#40 Phil CK

Phil CK

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:44 AM

Scottie - as you're doing such a great job in setting up this forum, can I make a suggestion for a little addition ?

At the bottom of the page, you can click to the page number of the current topic you want to view (eg. this topic = Pages: (3) 1 2 [3] ). Could you add a "Goto previous" & "Goto next" page link ?

Its not important, just nice to be able to not think & just press a button.

#41 dragonlady7

dragonlady7

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 09:37 AM

Something keeps killing Safari when I browse this in tabs in it, but I have a feeling it's probably not you. :/ I'd best do some experimentation and sort that out. In the meantime, Mozilla it is. (Why oh why doesn't IE come out with tabs? Well, I probably wouldn't use it anyway.)
I had something very deep and clever to say here but in the scrolling down through all the messages I forgot it. That, also, is not a problem with this forum, but one I will have to look elsewhere to rectify. (this is going to get worse with age? Man, I'll be dead of sheer forgetfulness before I hit 40 at this rate.)
Anyhow, keep up the good work, it's exciting to be in on something this cool this early so I can hear all about the work that goes into it. Looking forward to a lot of time spent (some may say wasted but to them i say phooey, just wait until I make my millions with the knowledge gleaned form these forums; I *won't* buy you a Lear jet if you're mean to me) here!

#42 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:09 PM

At the bottom of the page, you can click to the page number of the current topic you want to view (eg. this topic =  Pages: (3) 1 2 [3] ). Could you add a "Goto previous" & "Goto next" page link ?

Thanks for the thanks, Phil!

I've added that to my list.

#43 market seeker

market seeker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:25 PM

When ever I visit the forum I find my self going through stuff I've already read. Is there a way to look at just what is new?

#44 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,007 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:26 PM

I think the link up at the top that says "View New Posts" should work for you. That's what I usually use.

Jill

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!