• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Upgrade Complete!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#16 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,190 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 01:42 PM

Thanks, Diane, actually that's still just my quick fix logo. I know I tried to find that image before but for some reason it wasn't what I expected. Let me see if it's this one you're pointing out. Might be able to do a better job with the logo. It's okay now, but I know it could be better!

Thanks!

Jill

#17 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,190 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 01:44 PM

Ahh...I see. The tile_back.gif is just a tiny line. It then gets "tiled" as the background. Is there anyway for me to spread it out other than my print screen method?

Added: Or maybe I could just make my logo transparent and the rest would fill in correctly? Hmm...think I might try that and see what happens. Graphics isn't really something I'm great at, but know enough to get by.

J

#18 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,190 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 01:56 PM

YES! That did it. Just using the transparent background was all I needed!

:beer:

#19 Phil CK

Phil CK

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 04:18 PM

Scottie - Are you going to keep the
[ Script Execution time: 0.0866 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]
in the footer ? I'd be tempted to remove it, but thats just me !

However, keep up the great work so far as things look good.

#20 markymark

markymark

HR 4

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 04:57 PM

I kinda like all that Script Execution Time stuff, myself. I guess my inner geek must be more developed than I thought.

#21 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 05:17 PM

Thanks Phil. LOL Mark- I kind of liked it too! I do glance at it- but it would be easy to remove.

I'll definitely pull the GZIP enabled- that's a global that doesn't change- doesn't make much sense to have it there IMO.

I'll let Jill decide whether to pull the whole line or not. It's not big deal either way.

Hi Diane! :beer:

#22 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,190 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 05:25 PM

Doesn't matter to me. All pretty much greek to me anyway. Can stay or leave.

#23 markymark

markymark

HR 4

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 05:36 PM

Here's another thought: How's about swapping the 'new messages' link with the 'today's active topics' link - which is currently a bit hidden at the bottom of the homepage. That way the active topics link will appear on all pages - which would be better, I think.

#24 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,190 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 06:12 PM

I've just done a full registration of the forum so now we we have full support too, if we need it. (Should have done it before and Scottie wouldn't have had to upgrade it herself!)

The powered by Invision is off the bottom of the pages too as part of being fully registered.

Jill

#25 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 07:08 PM

I'd say there's room for both Today's Active Threads and new messages on that line... I'll see how it looks.

You can also get Today's Active Threads in the My Assistant feature.

#26 Matt B

Matt B

The modem is the message.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 09:10 PM

When does the next guided tour happen?

#27 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:21 PM

Sorry- guided tours are not available at this time. Self-guided tours available via the "Help" link at the top of the screen. ;)

OK Matt and Mark- the Today's Posts has been added to the top nav bar. It was not as easy as it sounded but I'm with you- that's the link I use most often.

Footer stats are gone...I may add them back though because the page end is odd to me- seems cut off short now.

There is a way to turn off the "messages" link if you prefer not to see it- check around in My Controls for it.

#28 Matt B

Matt B

The modem is the message.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 08:54 AM

OK Matt and Mark- the Today's Posts has been added to the top nav bar.  It was not as easy as it sounded but I'm with you- that's the link I use most often.

Aw, you're a doll, Scottie.

Edited by SEO Guy, 28 July 2003 - 08:55 AM.

#29 robwatts

robwatts

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 11:44 AM

One small little grumble. If I edit a post 2 or 3 seconds after posting. It shows as last edited by blah blah blah etc.

Can we up this time a little? I edit practically every post I post as I usually make lots of dyslexo type typos.

Edited by robwatts, 28 July 2003 - 11:45 AM.

#30 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,190 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:32 PM

Hey Rob, I think there's a little box you can check or uncheck so that it doesn't say that you edited your post. At least it come up for me, but maybe that's only an admin function? Next time you edit, see if it's there, and/or see if it's something in your control panel you can change. If not, we may be able to do something on this end. Scottie might no better as she's been playing around with that stuff more than I have. I've been too busy uploading emoticons!

:aloha:

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!