• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Upgrade Complete!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#1 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 01:51 AM

The upgrade appears to have gone well! A few things you may notice-

Layout Changes
You may notice minor layout changes in the page and brighter icons in the navigation areas.

Personal Photo
You now have the ability to add a 250 x 250 personal photo to your profile page. Show us your family, your pet, where you live, or whatever you like.
Keep it clean, please! :beer:

Business Card
At the bottom of each post is a "business card" icon where you can get a quick view of the poster's profile and download it, if you like.

Full Text Searching
Now enabled for efficient searches

Spider Friendly URL's
We definitely wanted those! Aren't they nice? No more session ID's- we are now using cookies to keep you logged in.

Board Guidelines
We now have an easier to access Board Gudelines window that you will see a link to as soon as Jill makes some up.

Email Notification
You can now choose to turn on/off e-mail notifications with each post. (You can already set the default setting for this in My Controls)

And a whole bunch of behind the scenes stuff was updated to make the board more efficient.

FYI- we will have downtime for a few hours this Wednesday while we move to a new server. Then we will be ready to announce the board!

#2 markymark

markymark

HR 4

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 02:06 AM

Looking good, Scottie. You're doing a grand job, lass.

#3 Phil CK

Phil CK

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 02:32 AM

Looking good (nice XP feel about the style), but the High Ranking logo appears to have disappeared....

#4 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 07:40 AM

Looks like the board fits my 800x600 screen now. There is still a horizontal scrollbar, but it just taking up real estate as the screen effectively fits the window.

I noticed the folder icons in the forum index page have changed as well as the main banner (as mentioned above).

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,111 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 08:50 AM

Looks like a few things have to be fixed from the upgrade, which I can do. The logo needs to be put back and the custom folder icons I had in. I don't want it to be saying Invision, and IPB, etc., which were things I changed in the first round.

I should be able to reupload those pretty quickly, I think, once my hubby gets off my computer where I have them!

Jill

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,111 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 09:59 AM

Okay, I've redone the logo...still not happy with it though, but it's good for now. The only way I could think to create it was to print screen and save that bluish background and then put the words on it. But it doesn't work that well doing it that way. The blue background seemed to be done not through an image, so there was nothing for me to save, thus the quick and dirty print screen method.

It's better than what I did before, but I'm still not satisfied with it if anyone wants to try there hand at something better that will match.

Maybe if I crop them smaller...that might work...will try that.

Jill

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,111 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 10:04 AM

Nah...cropping it smaller didn't work. So I think I'll leave it as is for now.

#8 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:10 AM

It looks good to me Jill- that bump on the right side is gone. Much better! :beer:

*Working on the e-mail notification-to-first unread post thing now.

*I should have those team graphics for mods and admins loaded now.

*Birthdays will now appear on the calendar. If there are no birthdays, the birthday notification on the home page will not show up.

*Added event notification and input the next 2 SES conferences in the calendar. Event notices will show on the home page 5 days prior to the start date.

*All extra skins were removed for now. You are stuck with this one!

*Will add "location" to the poster info in the topic view.

We're getting there! :lmao:

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,111 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:15 AM

Ahh...very nice! I see we have the administrator logo. Looks good! You're really cruising with this stuff! :beer:

Will have to figure out how to post an event. I want to post that the board will be down Wed. morning due to the server move.

J

#10 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,111 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:47 AM

Added some guidelines which you can click to under the logo. "Forum Guidelines and Netiquette."

If anyone thinks there needs to be additional rules, hit me with them and we'll see if it makes sense. I'd prefer to keep them simple as we're all "mature" adults here. Right???? :beer: :lmao:

#11 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:58 AM

The guidelines look great!!

The e-mail notification is now working properly.

I like your Atlanta picture avatar! Going to try and get a new one for myself done this afternoon... trying something different with the avatar settings here.

I'm also going to add a website link to the Member List. Then look at the automatic URL parsing. I think that will just about wind up the current requests.

Then it's time for :beer:

#12 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,111 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 12:52 PM

We are looking great! :yay:

#13 Matt B

Matt B

The modem is the message.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 01:18 PM

very very cool you two - fantasic job on making this come together in such a short time! :yay:

#14 DianeV

DianeV

HR 4

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 01:34 PM

Hiya, Jill, looks great!

The top image seems to be here, controlled via the CSS:

#logostrip { border:1px solid #345487;background-color: #3860BB;
background-image:url(style_images/1/tile_back.gif) <snip>}

If you can snatch the style_images/1/tile_back.gif and copy it, that seems to be the image.

These boards are really nice; the array of features is impressive. (And best wishes to all!)

#15 DianeV

DianeV

HR 4

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 01:36 PM

Oh, I see you've already fixed it. Oh well for me!

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!