• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

My Site's Meta Description & Dynamic Meta Tags

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 georgeemporium

georgeemporium

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:39 AM

Hi, All! clapping.gif

In my website's configuration panel there's 3 boxes, all empty at the moment.

1. STORE DESCRIPTION ( PLACE YOUR SITES META DESCRIPTION HERE FOR USE WITH DYNAMIC META TAGS)

2.STORE INDEX DESCRIPTION (PLACE A SEPARATE INDEX PAGE META DESCRIPTION HERE FOR USE WITH DYNAMIC META TAGS)

3. STORE KEYWORDS ( PLACE YOUR SITES META KEYWORDS HERE FOR USE WITH DYNAMIC META TAGS).

What are those boxes for?? What should I put in there?

Im selling camping equipment and my website is new.
I don't want to ask my website's designer because I've asked him so many times already about different things! He deserves time off - poor chap! embarrassed.gif

Thank you for your replys. im very gratefull for this site!

Please be gentle with me its my first post!

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:13 AM

Welcome to HR hi.gif

#2 is most likely the meta description that will go on your site's home page.

It looks like #3 will populate the meta keywords tag, probably on all of your pages and that #1 is a meta description tag for everything but the home page.

If I'm right, #2 is very important, #3 doesn't matter at all, and #1 is problematic, because it's best for each of your pages to have a unique meta description. Maybe it's set up in such a way that you can dynamically populate part of the tag with variables representing product categories or individual products, so the tag would look something like "Buy [product] at [store]. [Store] has the best selection of [product] and other [category] at prices that can't be beat."

Something like that would be far from optimal, but it would certainly be better than all of your product pages having identical descriptions. You should check with your designer (if your designer set up your shopping cart) and find out how much freedom they've given you when it comes to page titles, meta descriptions, and on-page content. I'm sure a three-person tent has more differences with a one-person tent than just how many people can fit in it. You need the opportunity to express that on the site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.