• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

.com Vs .info

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Delts

Delts

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

What I'd like to know is if I had two identical sites...the only difference being that one had a .com url and the other a .info url for instance...would the search engines place the .com site higher than the .info site in the results pages? Would love to hear what you pro's think about the weighting difference (if any) between the different url extensions etc?

Thanks.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

Why don't you try it and see. That's a whole lot better than all the speculation that anyone else can make.

#3 Delts

Delts

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

Yep thanks Jill will do, but perhaps in the meantime, there are others out there who can share any experience they have had of such an experiment???

Love the forum btw...1st class resource.

#4 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:10 AM

I don't see any difference based in the TLD. I have .com, .net, .org, .info and others... ranking depends on the work you put into it and the popularity of the site.

That being said, if I have the opportunity to buy the .com for standard rates, that's my first preference simply because returning visitors are most likely to think everything ends with .com. But I've never paid someone else to purchase their .com version of a domain name I want- I just pick a different TLD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!