• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Marketing To Spanish Speaking Audience

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alan

alan

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:33 AM

I'm in the process of creating Spanish language hypnotherapy MP3s and Spanish language web pages to sell them from. But I'm wondering if I should create an entirely new domain and website with the URL's in Spanish, as well as the meta tags. And I'm wondering if the new domain should be a .com.es.

While I've posted hundreds of articles to English article directories over the years, I guess I should translate them and submit them to Spanish article directories now.

When I search Google.com and Google.es I don't see a heck of a lot of websites that sell Spanish hypnosis. Mostly what I see on Google.es are the same English sites that are listed on Google.com.

Does the Google keyword tool even work in Spanish?

Does anyone have any experience in this area of marketing to a different language speaking crowd? I'm trying to just work this out logically, but sometimes logic may be the wrong way to go.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,627 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:31 AM

Assuming you're marketing to Spanish speakers globally, as opposed to specifically to people in Spain, I don't think you need a .es domain, or any separate domain -- just a Spanish language section of the site. I think if you were opening hypnosis centres in Spanish cities you'd probably have reason to build a site on a .es domain and host it in Spain.

#3 alan

alan

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for the advice.

I'm marketing Spanish MP3's globally, so I guess your suggestion to have a Spanish section of my main domain would apply.

That being said, the text on my pages for these programs are in Spanish. Would you suggest that I use meta tags in Spanish as well? How about Spanish URL for that section of the domain? Example: www.MyDomainInEnglish/WebPageNameInSpanish.html

What about a .com.es domain? I'm not sure what the purpose of these domains are. Can you explain if one of these would be appropriate?

I guess my main goal is to be highly ranked in all versions of the search engines like Google.com and Google.es, for the Spanish MP3's.

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,627 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:03 PM

I'm thinking of a Spanish language section of the domain, either es.domain.com or domain.com/es/, either of which would contain pages with Spanish content, file names, and meta data.

#5 carlosmarruffo

carlosmarruffo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

Hi,

I am a native Spanish speaker, I can tell you a couple things I have learned performing SEO in Spanish:

If you want to rank well for Google.es, use a brand new .es domain,
If you want to go for all Spanish speaking country, try a /es/ or /sp/ folder on your current website.

I don't see much competition for "hipnosis" related keywords in the Spanish market, yes there Google keywords tool works also in Spanish, just collect results in Spanish, from Spain. It would help a lot if you can get help from a native speaker to help you choosing the right keywords to work with.

I hope this has helped.

#6 alan

alan

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 9 2010, 12:03 PM) View Post
I'm thinking of a Spanish language section of the domain, either es.domain.com or domain.com/es/, either of which would contain pages with Spanish content, file names, and meta data.

Thanks for the additional advice.

Currently (while the Spanish section is under development) I've already set it up:

www.domain.com/es/, with pages that contain Spanish content, file names, and meta data.

So I guess that I took a lucky guess on that one.

I'm going to get a separate shopping cart for this section so that the prompts will be in Spanish.

I've found some Spanish article directories (Googled em - that was easy) and will translate my 100 articles that I've done in English. I'll also add those articles to the /es/ subdirectory on my site.

Any other advice for me?

#7 carlosmarruffo

carlosmarruffo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

Actually, everything else is pretty much the same. Try to find genuine websites, related to your sites topic and ranking high for your terms, that would do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!