• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Social Media / Facebook / Twitter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Force7

Force7

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:04 AM

Hi,

I have not done any type of social media marketing of my website so today I am ready to make the plunge. I am about to update our design and I was thinking about adding the 'share buttons' at the top of each page. We sell a software product, strictly retail and only until recently are adding a blog so the regular site really does not have 'news' but we do have a free tool that would be great for people to share.

Sorry for such a newbie questions but where do I start? Do I need to make an account on Facebook, Digg, Tweeter, stumble upon and others in the name of my company/ website? I have a personal Facebook site but would really want my company to have its own identity. Do I have to create an account on these social media sites before people can 'share' mine?

Anyone have a couple of sites that would give me more insight on this for newbies?

I have searched on Google and all I have found is ' how to add the code' which is no problem, but would like to see a sample of how someone else has theirs set up.

Thanks in advance,

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,912 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

It's doubtful that share buttons are going to get you very far.

If you want to get into social media, you're going to have to participate yourself. There are zillions upon zillions of tutorials out there explaining how to do it.

You might want to get a hold of a copy of Liana Evan's new book on social media as it's a good one for a company just starting out in it.

We also have some articles on social media and twitter on the High Rankings site.

#3 Marina

Marina

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

Hi,
In facebook there are people´s profiles, groups and pages.
First you have to create your profile in Facebook and then you can create the page for your company.
I actively participate in facebook (because I love it!) and some weeks ago I created a page for my company. Many of my friends clicked "I like it" on the page I created to support it. In your company´s page in facebook you can write the news and it is possible to connect facebook´s pages with twitters accounts, so that all what you write in your facebook´s page appaers automathically in twitter (I do this which is very practical). And facebook also give you the info to put the facebook botton in your website. You can read more at http://blog.facebook...st=324706977130

Good luck!

Marina

Edited by Jill, 30 October 2010 - 09:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!