• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Selling Links

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#16 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

The point is, they where paying for the link juice, I guess to increase their SE position.

Which, according to Google, is exactly what you shouldn't be selling.

#17 madams

madams

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

...But how do they know i'm selling the link?

I can put a link to your site from mine, how can G tell if any money has changed hands?

#18 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

I can put a link to your site from mine, how can G tell if any money has changed hands?

They can't. Unless you tell them. Or are using a service that might leave a footprint in the code.

#19 madams

madams

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

Yeh I guess your right. I actually took the links off early this year and my rankings have slowly returned, not where they were but getting there.

The links came directly from a well known company but as well as strait links they supplied me with articles (relevant to my site) with their link twice in the text.

I guess this was a giveaway really Jill.

As this is 1DMF,s topic I guess the important thing is G says put no-follow on paid links but the company that paid me insisted I remove them.

Live and learn...

#20 Waterfall

Waterfall

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

So what about guest blogging? If someone wants to write an article for your blog to get the link back to their site... I guess I really don't see a problem with that. And the content is highly relevant to the blog and I make a judgement that my readers would really like it. And there's no money changing hands. I can't imagine that would really be a bad thing.... or is it. Maybe there's something there I'm missing. Some reason I shouldn't allow a guest writer to put something on my site like that.

#21 carlosmarruffo

carlosmarruffo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

A little question since we are talking about obtaining links from reputable pages,

Is it better to ask them for a link from their homepage, or
ask them to create a page on their site (linked from the homepage), an article provided by us, with content related to our site, and linking to our site from within the body text?

#22 Delts

Delts

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:02 AM

On the topic of this thread I hope.... biggrin.gif

I posted an article to a site that pays you based on the number of views that your material receives. Within my article was one link back to my site.

My site had been bouncing around on page 1 or 2 of the serps for a month or so but now has slumped to page 11! censored.gif

Do any of you pro's out there think that the link on this type of site (pagerank 5 btw) could be have caused such a drastic drop?

Any info/advice is very much appreciated.

#23 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE(Waterfall @ Nov 8 2010, 01:18 PM) View Post
So what about guest blogging? If someone wants to write an article for your blog to get the link back to their site... I guess I really don't see a problem with that.

Not sure what that has to do with buy links.

QUOTE(carlosmarruffo)
Is it better to ask them for a link from their homepage, or
ask them to create a page on their site (linked from the homepage), an article provided by us, with content related to our site, and linking to our site from within the body text?

I don't know of too many reputable sites that would link to someone else's site from their home page. It just doesn't make smart business sense.

QUOTE(Delts)
Do any of you pro's out there think that the link on this type of site (pagerank 5 btw) could be have caused such a drastic drop?

No.

How's your search engine traffic in general. Did it also slump?

#24 Delts

Delts

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Nov 9 2010, 01:13 PM) View Post
How's your search engine traffic in general. Did it also slump?

Suffice to say it has dropped off...granted I didn't receive many visitors to begin with but all-the-same, I'd still like to hang on to what little I did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!