• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Facebook Marketing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 michaelVR

michaelVR

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:49 AM

I'm pretty new to Facebook marketing, but I already can feel that it's the most powerful internet marketing tool out of all. You just need to know how to use it.

Does anyone has positive experience of promoting their business on Facebook?
What are the suggestions? Tips? Tricks?

Please share!

#2 Mooro

Mooro

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:29 AM

I totally disagree, FaceBook is not a marketing tool, well it is but I feel it has zero value to the conversion chain as the mind set of those on social networks is different to those on organic search.

In other words, those on facebook are killing time whereas those who search have a purpose and a specific goal. If you actually watch someone using facebook you'll see most of the time they have no idea why they're there or what they're doing, they're sheeple, as in half sheep, half people; lacking direction, seeking guidance and in need of a shepherd.

I personally resigned from all the social networking sites as I can't stand them and if I was that keen to know what you'd eaten for lunch I'd have been having lunch with you; not that it's full of idiots who love their mum, their cat and share every meal they have with the world.....

If you can get conversion from those folks you're luckier than I am, I'm not a very good shepherd but if you are you'll most likely have more success with it than me!

Good luck but I'm convinced targetting those who are likely to convert is a much better use of time and effort.

#3 rolf

rolf

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:19 AM

I don't entirely disagree with you Mooro, although I love my cat tongue.gif

I think Facebook Marketing as an approach in and of itself is just the latest buzz - some people will make a killing doing it, some people will make a killing telling you how to do it, most people will make something between a modest profit and a complete loss.

That aside, there's no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater, and there are plenty of people who like to share links/sites so why not make it easy for them? I've recently added like and share buttons to my products and have had a few dozen visitors from each method. I can't be certain if any have converted at this stage, but I'm happy to receive links/traffic from wherever so I'm not unhappy at having spent an hour learning about, implementing and testing the necessary code to have added these buttons.

Further, I think some products/markets are perfect for marketing through Facebook, such as music or smartphone apps to name just two, so for some people it will be well worth spending the time to get involved, but I guess that's a judgement call we must all make for ourselves, being the most informed expert in our own businesses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!