• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

How To View Descriptive Page Names In Ga

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rolf

rolf

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

I'm trying to formulate some action plans by reviewing my GA stats. One this that is slowing me down (and I'm assuming obfuscating some otherwise low hanging fruit) is my logically precise but aesthetically ugly page names.

For instance : -

My most popular page is articles.php?id=123, which an article is about the dying processes of red lederhosen and looks like a good place from which to direct people toward my products
My 4th most viewed page is prouct-categories.php?category=456, which is the lederhosen category of my shop
My individual product pages are formatted along the lines of product.php?id=x, and the lederhosen are interspersed amongst all the other Bavariana in my shop

I'm trying to spot patterns and opportunities for improving the internal link structure for my lederhosen pages but unfortunately I have a terrible memory and have to keep cross referencing to find out what article 123 is, what category 456 is and which product numbers are lederhosen.

Can GA somehow be set to show either the page titles (which are quite descriptive, if I say so myself) or some other kind of memorable tag/info/whatever?

If not, how do you get around such problems?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

From memory, I think if you go to "Content" there's some way in there to view by Title.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!