• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Lots Of Pages Or One Page With Lots Of Content

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 spectrem12

spectrem12

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

I work for a smaller company, but we have 100s of pages on our site with lots of content. We are about to go to 3.5, so I would like to tidy everything up so it's a little easier to SEO than before. We are adding some new content as well and I got into a debate with a coworker about whether we should have one page with accordian menus to hold the more specific content with keywords or if we should add 5 more pages with all the content spread throughout them.

Any suggestions or recommendations on which one is better?

Thanks in advance

#2 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(spectrem12 @ Sep 28 2010, 06:02 PM) View Post
I work for a smaller company, but we have 100s of pages on our site with lots of content. We are about to go to 3.5, so I would like to tidy everything up so it's a little easier to SEO than before. We are adding some new content as well and I got into a debate with a coworker about whether we should have one page with accordian menus to hold the more specific content with keywords or if we should add 5 more pages with all the content spread throughout them.

Any suggestions or recommendations on which one is better?

Thanks in advance

It depends on your goals according to me. If all pages have unique content and can rank for different keywords then I think multiple keywords approach will be better. For eg - one page is about blue widgets and other is about red widgets and you want to rank for both keywords then keep both pages.

But if both pages are about blue widgets , then you can combine them in to one and redirect the link juice to single page.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:56 PM

Which way would be easier for your site visitors to find and read what they're looking for?

That's the method you should choose.

#4 spectrem12

spectrem12

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

gagan,

Basically the site is going to be for researchers to come purchase our service.
There are 2 different kinds of researchers though and they use 2 different names for the service, but the names are similiar.
Cancer researchers, call it tissue validation while a more technical scientist will call it cell validation. It is the EXACT same service, but people will look it up differently.

#5 BBCoach

BBCoach

HR 5

• 402 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

Again, it's what Jill said to you. First and foremost always think about how your customers think would be the logical way of accessing your products and/or your information. So if you know or believe 3/4 of your customers would find "tissue validation" versus cell validation then use tissue validation. Those that would know either term will still find the info, but your job is to logically decide what is the MOST used terminology and lead them down that path. As a result, you will also have your SEO focused.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

There are 2 different kinds of researchers though and they use 2 different names for the service, but the names are similiar.

It seems like it would make sense then to have 2 different pages targeting your two different target audiences. As long as the content would be different enough. If it would be too similar, just use both ways of describing the process on the one page.

#7 gagan

gagan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(spectrem12 @ Sep 30 2010, 09:31 AM) View Post
gagan,

Basically the site is going to be for researchers to come purchase our service.
Cancer researchers, call it tissue validation while a more technical scientist will call it cell validation. It is the EXACT same service, but people will look it up differently.

Like Jill said earlier that having two different pages will make more sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!