• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Forums Make Me Forget About The Actual Website!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:54 AM

@Jill:

I just remembered that in the very beginning I thought forums were a cool website idea, until I noticed that for most people forums aren't exactly a high ROI strategy... partially because....and Ive seen this in myself before - if a website has a great forum, I get so used to typing in the forum url, that I completely forget about the actual website (to which the forum belongs)...and only visit the forum. It's the case for me with another forum. I just noticed I havent been to the actual website of that in years.

I just came to the conclusion that with high rankings it's very similar - I only come here..to the forum...but actually I would be everything but disinterested in reading the high rankings blog (is there one?just looked around but couldnt find one). Or the other day I realized that you had mentioned the thread I started about people not 'grasping' that they should focus on ROI...i found that mention rather accidentally.

I also just saw that there's a sub-forum with the best posts of the week (maybe that was where i saw that mention?). Actually, I would find it pretty cool if there was a link to that where the "today's posts" and "new posts" is (for example).....or a link to that on the page where i land once I do click on the "new posts"-button (in case im not here for a few days to see if i might have missed any nice threads).

hope i dont come off as a wise-guy, right now...but i just realized that sometimes i find myself clicking around on the "today's posts" and "new posts", and dont really find an interesting thread to look at (and would love to have something to read).....but am completely unaware of the fact that you have a newsletter/blog(?) and that there's a best post of the weeks-section,etc.

i can just stress that im not trying to be a wise-guy LOL, but i just realized how odd it is that i spend so much time here, and am basically unaware that there's a best posts of the week section and a website attached to this forum!:-)

reminds me of other forums, where im sort of completely unaware (just a bad habit i guess, because i still dont use them regularly enough once i am aware of them)...that...there's a "new posts"-section like here on highrankings (here i use it obviously).

just some feedback...sorry if this got a bit long!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:38 AM

Patrick, scroll up to the top of this page and click the blue image in the top right corner to subscribe to the newsletter. You'll receive it in your email every other week when it's published.

Unfortunately, I don't have the skills with the forum software to add anything to it like a best posts thing. I'm sure there are add ons for that, but we're stuck with what we have right now until or unless I hire someone skilled in IBF software to make some much needed changes and additions.

#3 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Sep 20 2010, 02:38 PM) View Post
Patrick, scroll up to the top of this page and click the blue image in the top right corner to subscribe to the newsletter. You'll receive it in your email every other week when it's published.

Unfortunately, I don't have the skills with the forum software to add anything to it like a best posts thing. I'm sure there are add ons for that, but we're stuck with what we have right now until or unless I hire someone skilled in IBF software to make some much needed changes and additions.

I see. no problem, i just thought id mention it! i think ill get the hang of this and figure out how to find the best posts of the week-subforum after a while wink1.gif, just thought it might help your (overall) site in a way...but i realize that such a minor fix might not really be worth it if you dont have the necessary skills with the forum software, of course!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!