• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Home Page De-indexed By G

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nonprofitcms

nonprofitcms

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Hey everyone - I read the forums here pretty often and have (up until now) considered myself pretty good at SEO.

The Home Page (not sub pages or blog) got de-indexed by Google 2 days ago. We recently got high in the rankings (top 4) for terms like "nonprofit web design" and all variations of that keyword. We created our site about a year ago and have been diligent about link building since then.

Here is what recently occurred:
1. We recently (2 months ago) re-designed our website. We 301 redirected a popular subpage (let's say "www.domain.com/free-website" for the purpose of this post) to the homepage...where the old text was moved. 2 days ago I decided I no longer wanted to offer a free website, deleted the text about free websites on the homepage and added new text about custom development. I never got rid of the old 301 redirect (until today when I deleted it).

2. Some of our client sites (that we link to) were hacked 3 days ago. Google had 1 of them (that we link to off our homepage) on their list of "bad" websites. We cleaned them up the next day and they are now off the list.

3. We have a bunch of amazon affiliate stores auto-posting products a few times per day on different domain names and different hosting companies. We have about 15 stores total that post every few hours. These "auto-posters" link back to our main homepage with our desired anchor text. All of these sites are fully indexed by Google. They do not cross link...just link back to pur home page.

Are these major things? Do you see anything else on our website that you think could have led to our homepage being de-indexed? All of our blog articles on nonprofitcms still rank in google and are indexed. I just submitted a reconsideration for our site to Google.

Questions:
1. Has anyone ever seen only a home page being de-indexed by Google?
2. Any recommendations?

Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:49 PM

2. Some of our client sites (that we link to) were hacked 3 days ago. Google had 1 of them (that we link to off our homepage) on their list of "bad" websites. We cleaned them up the next day and they are now off the list.

I would guess that's the cause and in a few days now that the links are gone you should be back. But it's just a guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.