• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Keyword Research Issues

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mehdi

Mehdi

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

Hello Everyone!

I am new to SEO and this forum. I do have a little knowledge, but I am always ready to update it. These days, I am looking to optimize one of my websites. Its an informational website that translates all the English content to 56 languages.
I am not able to choose the right keywords for my website. Taking an example of this keyword, "Russian Article", I'll try to explain my question to you guys:

01- Who are my competitors? The ones that use "Russian Articles" in their website title only, OR also the ones that do not use "Russian Articles" in their website title (but somewhere on some page) and still appear in Search Engine results pages?

For instance, the total number of websites that use "Russian Articles" in their website title is "701". But when I don't use the "allintitle" syntax, the total number of competitors for the search term, "Russian Articles" is 127,000,000. Who are my competitors? If the competitors are 701, then I can optimize my website using this keyword. But if the number of competitors is 127,000,000, I don't think its rational to go with this. What should I do?
How do you guys perform keyword research? Can anyone help me here?
:-)

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

Technically, your competitors are any sites that appear in whatever keywords for which you want to draw traffic. Whether they use those keywords or not doesn't really matter.

The ones you need to feel most competitive toward are the sites that rank above yours after you feel you have done the best you can to show the search engines your site is relevant for your keywords.

It sounds to me like you are jumping the gun by trying to focus on where people use keywords.

#3 Mehdi

Mehdi

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:22 AM

Hello Michael,

Thank you so much for your response.
I got your point, but I am quite confused. I think I really don't know how to find the right keywords for my website.
How do you estimate competition on a particular keyword? I have not yet start my SEO. I am still doing some keyword research, but I cannot pick the best search terms.
Need your help.

Thanks!

-Mehdi.

#4 Mehdi

Mehdi

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:32 PM

Hi!

I launched my website 10 days ago, and it has not been indexed by Google yet. I placed its link on one of my website's home page, but I can't find it on Google. And there's some special problem as well.
When I type my website URL on Google, I can see my website in the Search Results.
But when I type "Free Article Translation" on Google (in quotes), I cannot see my website in the Search Results.

I really don't know the reason, and I don't know what I should do to achieve traffic through Search Engines. Can anyone please help?

P. S: Please note that mysite.com was adifferentsite.com earlier and I still see adifferentsite.com in Search Engines as well. Although I have deleted all website data from adifferentsite.com now.

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

You have to give them some time to find your pages, crawl them, and index them. It doesn't all happen immediately. There are lag times in the process. It will help if you obtain more value-passing links to your site.

#6 Mehdi

Mehdi

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your response.

Do you think writing articles and uploading them to famous article directories will be a good idea?
What type of one-way links do you suggest?

-Mehdi.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

Although I have deleted all website data from adifferentsite.com now.

You'll need to redirect the old site to the new one via 301's for best results.

Do you think writing articles and uploading them to famous article directories will be a good idea?

Not likely.

#8 Mehdi

Mehdi

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:15 AM

Jill, I wanted to delete all data from the previous domain. Do I still need to apply 301 re-direct?
If one-way links through article directories is not a good idea, what do you suggest?

-Mehdi.

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:35 AM

Jill, I wanted to delete all data from the previous domain. Do I still need to apply 301 re-direct?

Absolutely. Make sure each old URL goes to it's new URL counterpart.

If one-way links through article directories is not a good idea, what do you suggest?

Beats me. Read our link building forum to see what others do. I typically suggest having something exceptional on your site and then getting the word out about it to those who would care and might link.

#10 Mehdi

Mehdi

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

Thank you so much Jill.
I'll look into your forum and get some link ideas.

-Mehdi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!