• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Google Instant

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,596 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 9 2010, 11:31 PM) View Post
He may be seeing his reported impressions going through the roof. After all, if each letter in a 15-character search term brings up a new SERP as it's typed, it's plausible that a given site will appear in the results each of those 15 times.

Then again, that also means that your clickthrough rate is going to go down the toilet.

I would like to think that the geniuses at Google thought of this ahead of time and have figured out some way to avoid it, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. tumbleweed.gif

I had to turn it off. It was driving me nuts. tease.gif bash.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#17 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

The articles I've read seem to believe that Google has a handle on the analytics potential problems and it should report fine.

It won't report an impression unless you mouse over some results or if there's no movement for 3 minutes.

Supposedly it won't mess up other analytics packages either.

Time will tell on all of this. I think once people are more used to Instant, they may use it differently or even turn it off if it becomes too annoying. Right now it's interesting to see what it shows and it's fun to experiment with.

#18 MaryKrysia

MaryKrysia

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

It really does not matter what we think. nerd.gif

In the interest of providing the best search results possible and keeping their investors happy, Google will keep this new search feature if it's accepted by the general search public. The deciding factor with Google is ALWAYS how anything new affects the bottom line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!