• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Does Using Localized English Language For .co.uk Sites Impact Rankings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ttw

ttw

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

Hi: I'm having an interesting conversation with a client that I wanted to solicit feedback on.

Our client has multiple international websites. The US websites ranks well and brings in lots of organic traffic.

The UK (.co.uk) website does not rank well and as a result it does not generate very much search traffic. It doesn't even come up for the company name - Google returns the US website instead.

I believe we're having this problem because the US .com website has close to 3,000 unique domains linking to it versus about 50 unique domains linking to the .co.uk site -- and of those domains only a dozen are from UK domains. Another dozen are from the company's own international sites all linking back to each other.

The client asked a good question that I hadn't thought of before. Has anyone seen any data on whether having the .co.uk website content changed from American English to British English impacting search rankings?

Thanks!

Rosemary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!