• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Setting Up Goals And Funnels When Doing Cross Domain Tracking...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:27 PM

Hi Gang,

We are working on cross domain tracking test. We set up three dummy sites, domain.com; domain2.com; domain3.com. We installed the script and the link to. I set up the primary profile, then set up two other profiles to include traffic from only domain2.com and domain3.com respectively. I also applied another filter across everything so you can see the whole domain with request URI not just the request url (index.htm or page.htm part). Here is the page for reference, http://code.google.c...ackingSite.html the section is 'site linking considerations." So far so good, but here is the problem..

Here is the funnel:

step (1)domain.com/funnel1 (starting point/step 1)
step (2)domain2.com/funnel1 (step 2)
step (3)domain2.com/funnel2 (step 3)
step (4)domain2.com/funnel3 (goal url)

As many of you know, when you put in a goal in GA, you start with the goal page, in this case, its domain2.com/funnel3. Then when you go to put in the stages of the funnel, they only want the page, not the whole url string, so I can put in steps 2 and step 3 okay, but step one will be not be right. Any suggestions?

Now, since one of the filters I have in there is to report the whole domain string not just the request URI, does it matter? Am I missing something? huh.gif

Any help greatly appreciate here...been looking out on various forums. The GA forum has someone posting this question, but there is no answer.

http://www.google.co...g...48100&hl=en Went out and looked on other forums, but can't find anything.

Thanks in advance...DJKay

#2 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

Hi,

Well I sat with my developer today and we played with it...He thought it does not much matter because google is just checking request uri and not including the domain because of server processing loads. Since we have a filter in there to have the whole domain and request uri in there, it will be okay.

The other thing we saw is that using the standard include filter did not work for profiles where you wanted to have only the traffic of one of the domains (not the primary). We had to use a custom filter and use a regex expression.

Still, if anyone has anything to add, its appreciated, if not, maybe you will find this and it will help when you are dealing with this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!