• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Page Rank For A New Web-site

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chickentulip

chickentulip

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:32 AM

I am in the process of building a web-site. How to make sure that it gets at least a rank 1 or 2? I am absolutely new to the topic of SEO.
Two years ago, I built a web-site. For the whole year since it was online, its page rank was 0.

Anyway, I hope to do a little bit better this time. All I need to know at this stage is how to make sure that I can build my page rank steadily. My ultimate goal is 7 or 8.

Either a small tip or just a referall to a good article would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,979 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

You're chasing the wrong goal posts.

PageRank has nothing to do with the traffic or sales you'll make.

Read our Tips for Newbies and go from there.

#3 mickmel

mickmel

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

First off, Jill's point is dead accurate; don't worry about it as it really doesn't matter. That being said, here's a bit more info:

Two years ago, I built a web-site. For the whole year since it was online, its page rank was 0.

PageRank is based on the number of links pointing to your page, as well as the PageRank of those pages that link to you. The more you have (and the higher PR they have), the higher your PageRank will be.

My ultimate goal is 7 or 8.

Realize that it's not a flat scale; most people calculate that it's roughly a factor of 6 to move to each higher level of PageRank.

To simplify the idea, say for example it takes 10 links of x quality to get to a PR 2. Therefore, it'd take:

60 to get to a PR3
360 to get to a PR4
2,160 to get a PR5
12,960 to get to a PR6
77,760 to get to a PR7
465,560 to get to a PR8

Those aren't real numbers, but the scale is roughly accurate. The point is that when you get to a PR2, you're not 1/4 of the way to a PR 8 -- you're actually 1/46,556 of the way to a PR8 -- you'd need almost 50,000 times MORE links to get there. It's quite rare for a one-person site to reach a PR7+.

Again, like Jill said, worry about traffic and sales and not PageRank.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,979 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:43 AM

Since toolbar PageRank is completely different than real PageRank, even what Mikmel said above isn't really accurate.

There are no specific numbers of links nor scale that will get you to a specific toolbar PageRank number. That's simply wrong. Especially since it's not taking into account the number of links that the page your link is from has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!