• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Keyword Dilution

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 louandel

louandel

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:46 AM

Hi,

I am a copywriter and am honing my skills on getting the right keywords into the copy.

I heard somewhere that there should really be no more than 3-5 keywords per page as any more than this would dilute the weight or efficiency of each keyword. What do people think ? does this seem right. And would this be the same for the amount of keywords within meta tags?

thanks for your time,

louandel

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:18 AM

I heard somewhere that there should really be no more than 3-5 keywords per page as any more than this would dilute the weight or efficiency of each keyword.

Never say never when it comes to SEO. Well I guess you didn't actually say "never" but my point is that there are no rules for how many keyword phrases should be on each page. You can and should use as many keyword phrases as it makes sense to use on any given page.

#3 louandel

louandel

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Sep 1 2010, 07:18 AM) View Post
Never say never when it comes to SEO. Well I guess you didn't actually say "never" but my point is that there are no rules for how many keyword phrases should be on each page. You can and should use as many keyword phrases as it makes sense to use on any given page.

Thanks Jill,

You've put my mind at rest.

regards,

louandel

#4 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

SEO Copywriting is not about hard and fast rules. It is about "guidelines." My personal preference for a page of about 400 words or so is 3 keyphrases. Not because of any outdated keyword ratios, but because it allows me enough room to get my message across and include the search terms without it sounding stupid and repetitive.

You have to use your judgment. If your target audience or the product/service you're writing about requires longer copy then you might have room for another keyphrase or two. If you have to write really short copy (like with ecommerce product descriptions) then you might only have room for 1 keyphrase.

#5 louandel

louandel

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(copywriter @ Sep 8 2010, 11:44 AM) View Post
SEO Copywriting is not about hard and fast rules. It is about "guidelines." My personal preference for a page of about 400 words or so is 3 keyphrases. Not because of any outdated keyword ratios, but because it allows me enough room to get my message across and include the search terms without it sounding stupid and repetitive.

You have to use your judgment. If your target audience or the product/service you're writing about requires longer copy then you might have room for another keyphrase or two. If you have to write really short copy (like with ecommerce product descriptions) then you might only have room for 1 keyphrase.

Cheers Karon.

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

More experienced SEO copywriters can manage more keyword expressions per page.

They can also see when that is unnecessary and not really helpful.

You can optimize a page for 100 expressions, but unless you're trying to show people that it's possible to optimize a page for 100 expressions it's generally not a user-friendly practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!