• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Proprietary Seo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CathyS

CathyS

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

I'm primarily an on-page SEO copywriter. I have a little experience with linking strategies ... mainly anchor text linking in articles and internal anchor text linking. And I know a little about technical coding, but not a lot.

I was speaking with a prospect last week about doing some writing for him and he said he didn't need me for the tags because he had a system that handled all his SEO. When I asked "just what the system did" he said it was "proprietary." That sounds suspicious to me ... but is it possible that he has a legitimate yet proprietary system?

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,615 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

I'd say claims of "proprietary" systems are usually BS, but it could mean they've got a network of domains that they're using for links, or that they're using software to re-jigger content to make it "unique". The BS is usually harmless (except that people are wasting money on it). The other stuff can be dangerous.

#3 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:57 PM

The software can be proprietary and he may have meant nothing other than that he didn't want to disclose the details of what his software does. Whether he has discovered the Seventh Sacred Bell of SEO or not really doesn't matter. It's his system and he is completely free to keep it to himself. I would not read more into it than that, based on what you posted.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:20 AM

It just might be a system that extracts the best keyword phrases to be anchored based on what's on the rest of the site or something like that. And it could be something created in house, making it "proprietary."

#5 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

I'm with Jill , it could simply mean they wrote their own software to acheive certain goals making it "proprietary".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!