• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Links From Facebook Apps / Any Link-juice To Be Had ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ConfusedNewbie

ConfusedNewbie

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

Hi

A colleague of mine with more time on his hands than is healthy has actually come to understand facebook development to the point where he has managed to cobble together a 3 page facebook application, which works off a database, and provides a nice little graph and some boxes with numbers in. All very pretty.

If we link to our own site from the application, will it benefit us in SERPs ?

Incidentally, I'm having trouble using the phrase "link-juice", it just sounds wrong.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,917 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

It depends how it works. Is it something that people would put on their own sites to show graphs of their facebook usage or friends?

If so, and it had a link back to his site, then yes it would provide that icky sounding (but tasty) link juice.

#3 ConfusedNewbie

ConfusedNewbie

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Aug 27 2010, 04:09 PM) View Post
It depends how it works. Is it something that people would put on their own sites to show graphs of their facebook usage or friends?

If so, and it had a link back to his site, then yes it would provide that icky sounding (but tasty) link juice.

Hi Jill,

Thanks for your reply, sorry it has taken me a few days to come back. At this moment in time, we only have a link from the application which is at apps.facebook.com/name of app. I'm guessing this doesn't get crawled, as it resides "inside" fb somehow, but user pages are crawled, so if somebody publicises it in their feed (which his app has the option to allow), then the link would get crawled ?

This is my current understanding, am I right or horribly wrong as usual ? smile.gif

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,608 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

I think the only time you're going to see something from a facebook feed in a Google SERP would be in the "Results from people in your social circle" section.

#5 ConfusedNewbie

ConfusedNewbie

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 2 2010, 02:45 PM) View Post
I think the only time you're going to see something from a facebook feed in a Google SERP would be in the "Results from people in your social circle" section.

So practically never then ! Ah well, if we get people to the site, all well and good.

Thanks !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!