• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Spreading Backlinks Across Pages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EricCantona

EricCantona

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:13 AM

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well. First post here, so take it easy on me.

I am on the verge of receiving roughly 50 backlinks from partner's sites that are relevant to a particular product of ours. (all of decent quality and reputable)

At the moment, on our site, the only page that really ranks for this particular product is our home page. ( 14th in the rankings for keywords)

I have optimised the product landing page and sub pages however they do not rank for their keywords. I'm fairly certain this is because there is a total of 20 links pointing to each of the sub pages, as compared to 1,000 + pointing to the home page.

(1) Anyway, my question, do I spread the 50 backlinks accross the specific product sub pages and the home page, or across the sub pages only because they have little or nothing pointing to them?

(2) Should I space out when these backlinks appear on the external sites? I assume 50 links in one day would raise a red flag with google.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,877 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

Link them to whichever page makes the most sense for a user to land on when they find the link from the other site.

You'll also want to be sure that you've internally linked your specific product pages correctly within the site. They should be getting the proper amount of internal "link juice" so that the home page link popularity is naturally spread to them, helping them to rank for their relevant targeted terms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!