• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

My Blog Or Articles Directory

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hgood50

hgood50

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

I am sure this has been addressed, but after reading and searching here in the forum, I am still not completely clear of whats best.

I have a new e-commerce store. All my products/category pages are original. But now I have some original articles that I had someone write for me. From what I've learned it's best to put new information on my blog rather than my store and point it back to my products and categories. Correct? To be useful info for my readers.

But I'm also thinking I should submit them to some article directories to get good back links, maybe even get them published on other peoples blogs. Articles aren't cheap.

My question is should I just keep them on my blog only to help build up my original content for my main site? And then use the article marketing aspect with totally different articles?

I was once told to submit to a top directory first (because if I don't, that I may be rejected) and than post to my blog, and after that, then to other directories.

I have read here that it's not a bad thing to have duplicate content, but it may be filtered out.

But I also read if I put the same article on my blog after submitting to the directory, that my article should be changed around a bit - not the exact same article for SEO purpose.

I surely don't want to have to rewrite my article.

Also, What about taking this same article and submitting it to lets say 5 of the top article directories. Can they all be the same content?

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,673 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

I doubt you're going to see a clear consensus in the responses here. My personal opinion is that if the new content is written to speak directly to your customers, you're best off publishing it to your own site, at least for starters. If it's good, there's a chance you'll get some editorial links out of it, and I'd argue that such links are more valuable than any you're going to get from an article directory.

After the content has been indexed on your site, I'd say it's OK to submit it to a few article directory sites. If they have policies against publishing articles that have already been published elsewhere, then try someplace else, but under no circumstances should you let them republish your content without crediting you and linking back to you (even if only with a nofollow link).

#3 CathyS

CathyS

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

I don't know much about blogging links ... but, I often write and publish articles for good online publications (not directories) and get links to my site from those. I always put an anchor link in my byline. That is rather than having the text for the link be my web address, it's an important keyword. It's worked very well to raise my rankings. Some of my articles I then recycle for my weekly eblast and then they eventually end up on my website in an archive. So I think I get a lot of good mileage out of my articles.

#4 hgood50

hgood50

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

It looks like I should put them up on my blog first. After that when I submit it to some good directories it would be the same article that I have on my blog, and each directory will have the same article as well? The resource box will direct back to my store and/or product I am targeting not my article. And my hopes are that they will be picked up by someone with a high ranking site thus give me credibility an backlinks.

What about articles I already have out there on the directory. I did have them on my blog but a SEO person I was working with said take them off and change them around a bit. Was he concerned about it being filtered. They said it was not good, so I deleted them. So what's wrong with Google filtering them out again? My pages won't be found? Do I need to change this around or let them go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!