• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Comparison Software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mybuks

mybuks

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hi Guys, does anyone know of a software that allows you to click on multiple products and/or services and compare details/amenities? I ssume this would be a PHP script but not sure if that would be a solution that you can buy online or if I would need to have it designed from scratch.

#2 Schevikhoven

Schevikhoven

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(mybuks @ Aug 14 2010, 06:56 PM) View Post
Hi Guys, does anyone know of a software that allows you to click on multiple products and/or services and compare details/amenities? I ssume this would be a PHP script but not sure if that would be a solution that you can buy online or if I would need to have it designed from scratch.

In case you want a ready-to-use software, then it hugely depends on the cart/webshop software you are using. Different stores have different structures for data and also store different information about the products.

As far as creating a simple comparison for products, all you need is a $_SESSION or $_COOKIE array of the products or their id's you want to compare. Then you need a page compare.php which pulls the interesting bits from the database and displays them on the page. In general, without knowing if you have any special requirements, this functionality is very straight forward to implement.

I use php as an example, but any other decent language can do the same things.

-Willem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!