• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Web Analytics Training

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MIDA

MIDA

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

Among other things, understanding where our money is coming from and where it isn't is part of my job. From organic to PPC and other campaigns, I need to track as precisely as possible what sales resulted from what efforts. I also need to understand things like why would sales from organic sources go down when other campaigns increase - are we saturating a particular market or are sales and traffic down everywhere?

I have been running Google Analytics for over a year and have some great data, but, I'm not 100% sure I can trust the revenue numbers. We have affiliates and all kinds of sites sending us visitors, I really need a workshop, maybe 1-2 days to refine my knowledge and get pointers on where to learn more.

I know Jill has these classes and they DO look great! But, I'd like some feedback as to where to get started, the best tools, the best workshops for the money. I live near San Diego so while I'd love to take Jill's classes, I would prefer something in So. Cal if possible. If, not, I'll have to take my "I'm afraid to fly meds" and hop on a plane, lol.

Thanks!!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

I think Google has some Google Analytics classes run by trusted partners. I'd look into that. They likely have them somewhere in CA.

#3 icecape67

icecape67

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:46 AM

You can also get a book, Web Analytics: An Hour a Day by Avinash Kaushik is very good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!